By Amanda Gabriel
Elm Staff Writer
Relationships inevitably reach a point where both partners feel as though there is nothing to talk about. You see each other almost every day on campus and spend at least three or four nights a week together, and among all of this talking in person, you spend every moment apart glued to your smart phones texting each other cute emojis and memes. How do you fill that awkward silence when you no longer know what to say?
I believe that there are always questions to be asked. Asking the other person questions is a great way to get to know not only their true personality, but you can also learn facts about yourself as well. Questions often lead to further discussion and are a great segway into new topics.
On the other hand, if you are not currently in a relationship, interesting questions can also be used to spice up your flirting game or to make you seem more curious to the other person on a date night. You can never ask too many questions. So the next time you find yourself at a loss for words, pick something off of the following list to get the party started:
1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
2. What do you most regret doing in your entire life?
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
4. Who is your biggest role model and why?
5. If you could go back and give your younger self one piece of advice, what would you say?
6. What are your biggest pet peeves?
7. What do you normally look for in a man/woman?
8. If you could only describe yourself using three adjectives, what would they be? What three adjectives would you use to describe me?
9. What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
10. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
11. What is one thing that undoubtedly makes you laugh every time?
12. If you were famous for one thing (e.g. dancing, singing, acting), what would you be known for?
13. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what food would you choose?
14. What Jeopardy category would you 100 percent clear without any difficulty?
15. Tell me something most people do not know about you/get wrong about you.
16. What was your first impression of me? Is it different from what you know about me now?
17. What are the best presents you have ever received and given?
18. Do you have any unusual secret talents?
19. If you could have any job in the world regardless of pay, what would you choose to do?
20. Describe your ideal perfect date.
21. What is the last lie you told?
22. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
23. What is your favorite quote of all time?
24. If you could have personally witnessed any event in history, what event would you have wanted to attend and why?
25. What is one topic that you know absolutely nothing about?