1. Administrative remarks were made by Deputy Director of the C.V. Starr Center of the American Experience Dr. Pat Nugent. Topics included the Starr Center Civic Duty Initiative, how the Student Government Association and WC students previously invested in civic engagement with the surrounding Chestertown community, and challenges that still exist regarding student civic engagement.
2. The motion to open discussion on approving LGBTQ+ Athletes as a student interest group was passed. The goal is to create a safe, informative, helpful environment for athletes in the community. Each meeting will have topics for campus dialogues. If you have any questions, talk to Emily Arnold.
3. Buildings & Grounds updates on slippery buildings. The improvements that will be implemented: lower amount of snow melt applied to reduce slipping caused by overapplication; runners have been ordered for buildings of concern; Housekeeping has found a good product for snowmelt on floors; and continue reporting issues to maintenance system.
4. The fraternities Kappa Sigma and Phi Delta Theta will be hosting events during rush week from Sunday, Feb. 20 to Friday, Feb. 25. Any questions, comments, and/or concerns should be directed to IFC Director of Recruitment junior Nick Splendoria at firstname.lastname@example.org or IFC Director of Community Development junior Dylan Snow at email@example.com.
5. SGA Elections are coming up! Contact sophomore Natalie Wisnoski at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in running for SGA President, Vice President, or Speaker of the Senate.
6. Trying to reactivate the Maryland Student Legislature club— contact freshman Miranda Parrish at email@example.com if interested.
7. Model UN is hosting simulations on Wednesdays at 7pm in Goldstein 100. If you’re interested in joining the club, come stop by to listen or participate.
8. If you’re interested in politics, Peter Franchot is a Democratic candidate for governor of Maryland and he’s hiring a lot of interns to help with the campaign. Contact sophomore Cole Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.