1. Speaker remarks focused on the Washington College Student Government Association presidential and vice-presidential election results. The new SGA president is junior Alex May and the new Vice President is junior Jonah Nicholson. 382 people voted, which is about 32% of campus.
2. The motion to open special orders of business for Speaker Elections was discussed. Nominees answered questions in a panel on the Senate floor before recusing themselves for the duration of the Senate body vote. Junior Nicholas Splendoria is named the new SGA Speaker of the Senate.
3. SGA Executive and Review Board applications are open on JobX beginning Wednesday, March 9. Review Board applications are due on Sunday, March 20 at midnight. Review Board interviews will take place from March 21 to March 23. Executive Board applications are due on Wednesday, March 23 at 5 p.m. Executive Board interviews will take place from March 23 to March 27.
4. Deputy Director of the Starr Center for the Study of the American Experience Pat Nugent is trying to improve civic engagement on campus and to that effect is offering internships in this area. There is also an opportunity to attend the Campus Compact virtual conference in two weeks, which focuses on student civic engagement. If you are interested, there are funds to pay for the registration fee. Contact Nugent at email@example.com with any questions.
5. On March 25, Black Student Union is hosting their Met Gala from 10 p.m. to midnight in the skybox. Theme is “In the Nude.” You don’t have to dress fancy, you can just wear the color scheme.
6. Dining services meetings to determine a new caterer are going well; email freshman Noah Gentry at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments you want represented in this meeting.